HOST A FOOD & FUND DRIVE
Food & Fund drives play a huge role in helping us to feed thousands of people each year! They are easy and fun and can be as simple as a bake sale or as extravagant as a fancy dinner party with friends. They are a great way for the local community to join our mission in alleviating hunger for our friends and neighbors. Businesses or individuals can get involved! For more information on food & fund drives or to host your own, please contact Diane Longaker at 503-687-1474, or email DianeL@yamhillcap.org
Food Drive Items Most Needed:
- Shelf-stable milk
- Foods high in protein: canned meats like tuna, chicken, or salmon, canned or dried beans
- Foods high in nutrients: canned fruits and vegetables (preferably with reduced sodium and reduced sugar)
- Whole-grain foods: brown rice, whole grain cereal, and whole-wheat or whole-grain pasta
- Soups, chilies and stews (preferably with reduced sodium and reduced fat)
- 100 percent fruit juice (canned, plastic, or boxed)
- Unsaturated cooking oils
- Other nutritious foods (preferably with reduced fat, sodium, and sugar)
Commercially packaged items only. No glass containers, please.
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
- Attend a YCAP signature event like our RAISE THE BARN in July or our LIGHT THE FIRE in October.
- Attend a Cantata concert in December
- Support businesses in town that are raising funds on behalf of YCAP. Look for our logo on food collection barrels, table tents, posters, etc.
- Give your time
- Host a book drive for our Friday Family Food program
- Sponsor a week worth of food for our Friday Family Food program
- Keep an eye out for YCAP mailings and newsletters
- Be an ambassador and talk to others about YCAP goals and program needs